Any input on pellet stove heating up on top?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustineB

Jan 26, 2009
Auburn, NH
Hi,
I have a england stove works model 25 pdve and we've been using it all winter with no problem. It runs off a digital thermostat so the settings are always set to the highest one and the room temp is controlled by the thermostat. Up until now the only part of the stove that would get hot to the touch was the glass in the door, everything else was warm but you could lay your hand on it with no discomfort. A few minutes ago my husband went to put pellets in and rested the bag on the panel in front of the hopper as we always do and it melted the bag. We did start using a different brand of pellets recently that was causing other issues (pellets not sliding down to the auger causing the stove to turn off, thinking it was out of pellets, etc.) but I'm not sure if that would raise the internal temp so much it would make the front of the stove so hot too the touch. Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Thanks a bunch for your help. We're pellet stove newbies so we got a bit worried since it had never happened before. We'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get TOO hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.