Any one have a source for gauge tees?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I would like to cut in few a pressure gauges on some 3/4 copper. In the past I could buy "gauge tees" that are 3/4 by 3/4 sweat on the run with a 1/2" or 3/8" thread on the branch. Sure I can make one up out of fittings but it sure looks a lot cleaner with gauge tee.

I checked several sources and havent found any. Home Depot used to stock them.

Don't have an answer but a question: Is the purpose to measure differential pressure so that you can calculate flow rate?

Nothing so fancy, just need DP across a big filter on a water line. I have some Radon in my water and decided to go the activated carbon route, instead of an aerator.

1/4" npt is the most common gauge size, 1/8 is also available.

here are some options. The ZT fitting was designed to be soldered into a drilled hole on the tube with a Unibit. Made by Heatway/ Watts hard to come by but very handy.

A 1/2 sweat X 1/4 fip
1/2 x 1/4 flush bushing
3/4 sweat by 1/4 fip, also available as a bushing

Bushings go inside a tee fitting, sometimes called slip adapters. FIP X sweat goes over the tube.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 8.14.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 8.14.23 AM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 8.26.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 8.26.29 AM.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 123
Thanks All , I spent about 20 minutes searching that site and couldnt find them!.

I got a set on order. Now if I could find a nice Differential pressure gauge