Any one know of a good quality smokeless firepit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Looking for a good fire pit. I used my store bought one twice and already the bottom is rusting out, plus it produces way too much smoke.
Solo is coming out with a stainless steel smokeless smoke burning fire pit that looks good For about $250.
The regular firepit is just too hard to take all the smoke they produce and the fact that most dont last very long outdoors.

Color me skeptical on the smokeless pits. Most of the smoke I get from burning in my pit is from burning wet stuff/ bushes and vines and whatnot.. if I toss some dry wood on there, it barely smokes at all.

My pit is a 4' diameter hole in the ground about 1.5' deep, surrounded by rocks.

Every metal bottomed firepit will not have a long life.. ash + water = lye. Yeah, not exactly, but close enough.

Smokeless fire pit- yep bunch of rocks in a circle and lp tank and line and fake lp log set.- good to go

Mainly looking for a firepit with reburn capabilities like my wood stoves, there are a few out there but not many.

In order to have an efficient reburn, you need to direct the airflow, both in and out of the fire. No firepits do this.. If they did, they wouldn't be much of a 'pit'.. this is why I'm skeptical.

I've seen the designs of the ones that claim to have re-burn, and they might, to an extent.. on the edges.. But nothing at all like your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.