1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any pipe within a pipe stoves?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by pcampbell, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcampbell

pcampbell Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    Are there any manufacturers that use a single pipe for intake/exhaust? Or can this not be done with pellet stoves? Do any gas stove manufacturers do this?

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Czech

Czech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Twin Cities, MN
    Selkirk makes a product called Direct-Temp for pellet and corn stoves, basically a pipe within a pipe. The fresh air is draw in the outer edge between and two pipes, the exhaust goes out the center pipe. This is what I used for my install, I like it because there's only one hole through the wall to the outside and the larger diameter pipe looks more like a true wood stove vent. Although not the Selkirk website, here's a link with info from a stove shop I found online: http://www.northweststoves.ca/chimneys-venting/selkirk-direct-temp.html
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Selkirk is the only one I know of that is doing this right now. Bixby does but their pipe is proprietary.
  4. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    I think Simpson dura Vent also has the a wall thimble with exhaust and fresh air . Harman also has a wall thimble with the same holes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.