Any wood inserts work well without blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Regency Hearth Heater is a medium sized insert that heats well reasonably without the blower running. It does this by extending far out onto the hearth. In general, the more the stove extends out to the hearth, the more likely it will heat somewhat during a power outage
Hello,RCR72and Begreen,
Just wanted to add that with my hearth heater,I must run the blower at all times. Because the walls behind and next too it, get very hot out to about three feet. Also I would not recommend my stove for your home,since were always being cooked out of the house with temps between 80-85 and our home is 1172 sqft (even at your elev. go with something smaller or as sugg. a pellet stove).

Status
Not open for further replies.