Anyone Burning Yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first fire ever yesterday. Loving my England Madison! Got to the upper 30's last night and she heated both floors nicely.

9cc5dd9fd4b4a27b54efa919e5338014.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cold front came in this afternoon. Temp dropped about 5 degrees in an hour. Started the stove up and probably will keep it going for the next few days at least.

Reactions: Squisher
Dropped down to low forties here last two days. Installed an Osborn 2000 / 6 inch SS Flex liner in a masonry fireplace a week ago.. Love this thing. Took it a little easy on the first 2-3 burns. Not a spot on the glass. It's a little moody the first 10 minutes, and likes the door cracked a little during that time. Looks like it going to be a decent insert.

Reactions: WayneN
Cold front came in this afternoon. Temp dropped about 5 degrees in an hour. Started the stove up and probably will keep it going for the next few days at least.

I'm going for my third night steady. So already been burning for three days on this last start up. I'll admit, it's 79 in the hallway which is at the coolest end of the house. I got a easy eight hour burn last night with flue temps at 210 still this morning(forgot to note the stovetop) and lots of coals. Threw a load of full sized splits on top and it was off to the races in no time.

I continue to be very impressed with this stove. I burn 90% Doug fir, and that load was all fir.

Started yesterday here. These stoves love doug fir.

I'm new to burning - I just couldn't wait any longer. I have a just built masonry heater but an unfinished house. I need to cure the heater before winter. So, for the past week I've been burning progressively larger loads of firewood. I've been pulling out mostly cottonwood from the pile. But today I threw a big load of grubby pine into the firebox. It appears to be working. Now that it is almost cured and the mass is warmed up there is only a small trail of smoke coming from the stack.
View attachment 183737

And here is the burning pine in the firebox,
View attachment 183738
Is that an insert or just a fireplace?

IT FINALLY SNOWED! we have had a few smaller fires, but I was glad the wife decided to get the fire going last night (when it was still 60º outside).

We had hail last night. It was pretty noisy for about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.