Anyone Else Done This (Pics Included)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefraser

Oct 4, 2009
Somersworth,NH
So I went to BJ's this morning and bought a 1.3 ton pallet of Okanagans. I picked them up in my father's Ford Cargo Van. Maybe I was dreaming but I expected them to be able to take off a few rows so the pallet would fit in the van and place the pallet in with their forklift. It turns out they can't use the electric pallet jack in the parking lot and came out with a regular jack so we ended up stacking them by hand. 1st in the van then into the basement and then later upstairs to the stove.

Still worth it for the price.

My stepsons stacked while I unloaded the truck.

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 848
  • pellet stack.jpg
    pellet stack.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 845
Joe, glad their Okies, otherwise I would have said it wasn't worth all the stacking and re-stacking.

Is that a 3/4 ton or 1 ton van?

was this from the bj's in newington? what was the $ on them there?

Having the right vehicle is always important when hauling any load...

Attachments

• Lumber-Car-A.jpg
    Lumber-Car-A.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 678
macman said:
Joe, glad their Okies, otherwise I would have said it wasn't worth all the stacking and re-stacking.

Is that a 3/4 ton or 1 ton van?

I believe its a 3/4 ton. We checked the weight limits and what we had wasn't even half. Couldn't even tell there was anything in the back when driving.

Compared to my blazer that is listed for 950 or so (only 200lbs more than my mustang)

yknotcarpentry said:
was this from the bj's in newington? what was the $ on them there?

Yes we got them in Newington. For the pallet it comes to $5.38 per bag, $349.70 for 1.3 ton. I believe it was $5.69 if you bought them by the bag instead of the pallet. I used a $10 off coupon they gave me for joining as well.

If you get the upgrade on the membership they'll give you a 2% rebate on all purchases. Wasn't worth it for me as it was $85 but if you go thru enough pellets and/or do some shopping their it may be a good deal.

They traded out any ripped bags in the pallet whiile we were loading which was good. I'm not sure the plastic on these bags are as durable as the non-clear bags they are producing now. BJ's must have bought these last year? How are they still on the clear bags?

Yeah, Krooser,

I thought you said that your truck had not been repaired!!!

How about a pic with it fully loaded with pellets?

Ranger

Think about it most cars are rated for a 1/2 ton,

Go to pellet store, buy a 1/2 ton or 25 bags,

Put 6 in front pass seat/floor 240lbs

Put 3 bags or 120 lbs in trunk = 360 lbs

Add 16 bags (640lbs) in rear seat and rear floor = 1000 lbs and you have a well balanced (maybe a bit overloaded) 4 door pellet sedan.

Just don't crash on the way home or you will be smooshed and pelletized.

This is my new pellet trailer... I getting ready to win that FleaBay Inferno pellet auction...

Attachments

• heavy haul trailer.jpg
    heavy haul trailer.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 444
krooser said:
This is my new pellet trailer... I getting ready to win that FleaBay Inferno pellet auction...

HOLY PELLETS, BATMAN!!! :bug:

Now THAT's what I call a trailer!!!

Seriously, I wonder what that thing is rated for?

OK I am lost please fill me in on these disco Inferno pellets, Nice rig Krooser and is that Brown ford in the front rear the pellet patrol?

Gotch-ya, I guess the deal is don't let the infno pellet enter one's home or you will be in for a inferno of a time.

Hope what you got was better than I saw in that BJ's a few weeks ago, while the wife cashed in the free 3 months membership, I scoped out the pellets, lots of spoiled (got wet) and tons of fines in those nice clear bags, couldn't believe they still wanted full price for them. These pellets were inside near the bathrooms.

krooser said:

So that's how macman gets his pellets home! How much you charge for delivery?

Nice pellet hauler. Makes me very jealous! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.