1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anyone else have a Powertek splitter?

Post in 'The Gear' started by Bocephous, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Bocephous

Bocephous Member

Loc:
    Smiley, NEPA
    Hello! I'm new here, been lurking for a couple weeks, and posted in intro in "The Hearth room" a few days ago. My local tractor/mower dealer had a Powertek splitter in his warehouse this spring and offered it to me at a decent discount. I was in the market for a splitter so I took it off his hands; it's the 516 model, I believe. Horizontal 20 ton B&S, seems well built. I've had to take it back to him once for a small leak, but otherwise it starts, runs, and splits well. I haven't seen any reference to Powertek in any of the back posts I've read here and was just curious if anyone else had one, and if so, how has it held up? I don't have a good pic of mine but this is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. nate379

nate379 Guest

It doesn't bother your back with it sitting that low?
  3. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    I have an old one. Think it was private labled by Ramsplitter.
    I just blew the B&S 10 hp. I am currently looking for a motor. splitter 12 wheels.jpg
  4. Bocephous

Bocephous Member

Loc:
    Smiley, NEPA
    It does after a while. I've got a couple of ideas to fix that if it ever becomes unbearable.
  5. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Not seen a powertek before but looks like my older Speeco splitter. I would recommend figuring out a way to raise it up, some ppl have built ramps to pull it up to make it higher.