Anyone ever have a little trouble getting a Trailer Ball Hitch to slide in and out? Also Level!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTwoodburner said:
Semipro said:
egclassic said:
+2 on the locking hitch pin.....

+1
But those locking hitch pins are expensive and I hate keeping track of keys.
I enlarged the existing hole in a regular pin and use a combination padlock, the same lock I use for everything else. (MASTER MLK-175D Solid Brass Resettable Combination Padlock)

Keeping track of keys? How do you keep track of your car keys?

Just leave one key in your tool box in the garage and the other in the console or glove box in the car.

I have 2 keys on my key chain, my office key and my truck key.
The less keys the better to keep track of copy, replace, etc.
All I have to remember is a 4 digit combo.

Plus, I can use that padlock for other things instead of buying an expensive hitch lock that has a single use.
I use the same padlock to secure both the hitch and a cable which secures things like bicycles, generators, whatever on the back of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.