Anyone ever hear of a Fern Oak cylinder stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

massauto

Jan 6, 2011
[email protected]
Hello all,

I'm trying to find out some information on a cylinder wood stove with Fern Oak on the front plate. The only other markings is a C and a 13 as in C 13.

Any information on the manufacturer, country of origin, estimated value for stove in good condition with finial and nickel bottom rails is appreciated.

Thank you.

Ron
massauto

Attachments

• fernoak.jpg
    fernoak.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 249
  • fernoak2.jpg
    fernoak2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 265
Cute little guy. It looks to be in pretty nice condition. Best to google antique stove sites for more knowledge in that market.

Thanks. Did google it but can't find a clue anywhere. Checked all the antique stove sites already. Checked the Thomas Registers and looked for antique and vintage manufacturer's names. Nothing! This is probably my last hope.

Looks typical of a variety of parlor stoves, can't tell much from the picture, but the name plate may be removable. Could be a "house branding" for a chain of stores or supply houses. If it looks a little rough in comparison to the rest of the stove, it may be a replacement for the eisenglass/mica view port. Nothing wrong with the stove, except the color. If you are going to burn with it, I would have it stripped and redone with stove paint. That looks like a 60's hotrod color to me.

Then again, I am not getting very good color rendition on this computer right now......

Thanks Master of Fire. I think that you're right about the paint. I think that someone used ordinary paint instead of stove paint to improve the appearance of the stove. Your eyesight and computer are still working fine! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.