Anyone get green wood yet? Good deal in central NH.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btj1031

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2008
NH
I just picked up 4 cord from this craigslist add: http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/639121442.html
Green cut, split, delivered for $160, would have been $150 but I'm a bit away from where they are, but $160 seems to be the cheapest price in the newspaper. Fair cords, nice wood - mostly maple, oak, birch. I wouldn't hesitate recommending.

Anyone else pick up green wood recently? What are you paying? I paid $150 two years agao, $160 last year, so $160 again this year isn't bad. They guy I bought from last year wanted $175, saying he needed to go up due to gas prices, which I can't argue with, but I knew there were a few guys out there going for $160.

J-Man, I'm getting six cord at $170, up from $160 last year. He brings a good load and it's cut to length with a hydraulic shear. The shear opens up the ends and dries quickly. I normally burn four cord a year and always have two years of wood on hand, but this year I cut it a little close. It's always good to have a bumper just in case.

Jim

J-Man, I'm getting six cord at $170, up from $160 last year. He brings a good load and it's cut to length with a hydraulic shear. The shear opens up the ends and dries quickly. I normally burn four cord a year and always have two years of wood on hand, but this year I cut it a little close. It's always good to have a bumper just in case.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.