Anyone have a free standing pellet stove with mantle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedirye

Sep 15, 2016
Florida
Hello all,
I did a search on the forums but didn't come up with much. I was trying to find some pictures of a free standing pellet stove with a mantle worked around the vertical flue. I guess I'm thinking of doing something similar and wanted to hear some first hand experience with it from people on the forums. I was able to do a Google image search and saw some ideas, but just not sure how difficult or easy installation was.

EDIT: I'm also not sure how clearance would go with that??

Thanks

Below was from the image search:

5f7b0daed2a9ddb199d2130246fa0fee.jpg

Sorry no responses but the vast bulk of installs are freestanding on hearth pad or inserts!

Mine has a mantle only because it is set part way into
a place where a 0 clearance fire place was built in .
Reworked for the stove . I just used the clearances from the manual
DSCF1045.JPG

When installed, mine will be freestanding on hearth pad. I still wanted a mantle though! Like a nice big block of rustic cedar or something.

John, yours looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.