Anyone have a "Wall of Flame" ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug

Nov 15, 2011
northern Michigan
This afternoon, I was stacking another 1/2 ton of pellets in my pole barn and I suddenly realized that the horizontal framing in my barn is on 24" centers. That is the perfect width for stapeling different empty pellet bags to the wall. Every time I sample another brand of pellets, I can staple the empty bag to the wall. In a couple of years, it should be a pretty colorful display. I already have over 30 license plates nailed across the top. It is a "Man Cave" after all. :)

Some of us have more time on their hands than others, it seems. :)

I have saved a bag of every brand I have tried. Just have them laying in a lil stack in my pellet crb though.

I'd be looking at flammability factor

Some save license plates, some save pellet bags. I save neither.

Could go back in time to the days of Chucks Chicks that were on the walls !!!! :)

inexpensive wallpaper for the man cave!

mepellet said:
mr coffee said:
I'd be looking at flammability factor
But storing hundreds of bags of pellets indoors is ok? :p

I bet the bags light quicker/faster than the pellets......

On an unrelated note...there's a piece of newspaper in my Greenfield stove that has been sitting there for over an hour since I started the stove....right next to the burn pot... and it's still untouched by fire...maybe it's asbestos?

Speaking of expensive wallpaper - the Mark Twain house in Hartford, CT. has an embossed wallpaper in the dining room (to replicate the original). The paper itself is a cream color with a flower pattern embossed in it. The paper was HAND PAINTED one flower petal at a time; I know the artists who did it. The Twains had expensive tastes when he had money.

And going back to the bags - what other wallpaper lets you burn the contents for heat?

Waterbug said:
This afternoon, I was stacking another 1/2 ton of pellets in my pole barn and I suddenly realized that the horizontal framing in my barn is on 24" centers. That is the perfect width for stapeling different empty pellet bags to the wall. Every time I sample another brand of pellets, I can staple the empty bag to the wall. In a couple of years, it should be a pretty colorful display. I already have over 30 license plates nailed across the top. It is a "Man Cave" after all. :)

I do that for my toilet paper.

Actually, I have the empty bags from every bag I've ever burnt in the cellar. Couple of 4 foot high stacks. I keep meaning to do something about that someday, but local recycling won't take 'em and I hate to pay to dispose of them.

gbreda said:
Some save license plates, some save pellet bags. I save neither.

Could go back in time to the days of Chucks Chicks that were on the walls !!!! :)

Having a visual reminder of every pellet that you've ever fondles has to be right up there with those pictures of Chucks Chicks. This may date me but I prefer those Vargas Chicks in Playboy. :) :)

I remember the Vargas drawings. But I only read Playboy for the articles. ;-P

Waterbug said:
Having a visual reminder of every pellet that you've ever fondles has to be right up there with those pictures of Chucks Chicks.

With the price of oil now and where it's going, you are so right !!!

They now have artilcles in Playboy? What will they think of next?

Well, I should have saved all the nice brands I have tried over the years. But I haven't. Many brands like the old Stove Chow and Bio Heat would have been cool to post pictures of. Many others that are no longer out there. Should da would da could da. O'well!

I did save a bag from treecycle, Only because they went under.

Well.. Went to fill the furnace and had to move my Bags.

I seem to be missing a couple. I tried Appalachian's last year (thought I saved them). Also one more (CRS has me). Had 14 I thought. Maybe its 13....

Anyways. Over the last few years. I have saved (or tried) one bag of each brand burned.

Thought about this thread when I seen them and laid them out for a Pic.
1- Somersets
2- Greene Gold
3- Pro Pellet
4- Old Dominion
5- Presto Logs
6- Lignetics (Green Label / Blend)
7- Greenway
8- American Wood Fibers
9- Tidy Timbers
10- Green Supreme
11- Easy Heats
12- Natures Heat

Attachments

• bags1.jpg
    bags1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 234
I thought about it but was thinking its a bit weird lol. Now that I see more do it I dont feel so different. I have a few bags saved....

Status
Not open for further replies.