Anyone have experience with Osage Orange as a hedge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting point on Osage Orange. I have always heard that it had a very low moisture content. But I took some guff here from non believers. So an experiment was in order. I took a piece that was green with leaves. It was about 5" in dia. and about the same in length. It was a stub from a project I was doing on my lathe. It was turned so all of the bark and about half of the sap wood was removed. I stuck it in my Estufa ( which is an oven that I bake Maderia wine in.) It sat in there for three months at 130 degrees. I weighed it before and after. It had 25.25% moisture. Now split, a moisture meter shows no reading on a fresh center face or anywhere else no matter where or how I tried to ge a reading. Flame on

Status
Not open for further replies.