1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anyone heading to the Air show this weekend?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by daveswoodhauler, Jun 28, 2012.

1. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ironpony

ironpony Minister of Fire

Loc:
    mid-ohio via St.Croix USVI
    next weekend Dayton air show (Ohio) Navy Blue Angels
  3. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I'd love to go but it will be too hot to be outside watching the show. BIL went last year and he and his wife suffered from mild heat stroke. His wife works at the tradeport and can see the practice runs. 90's predicted this weekend, it going to be a cookah out there. Water was like 6 bucks per bottle.

We went to a fly-in at a local airport a few years ago and checked out a B-17. I got a few nice pics as a storm front rolled in. They were worried about hail denting the skin on that bird and almost got it out of there. The control tower said the worst part of the storm would miss the airport so it stayed and the tours continued.

Edit: The weekend the B-17 was in, you could pay for a ride on it. The plane was flying low around the river valley a few times that weekend, and the rotary engines were just something you don't hear that often. I must have been awesome seeing a group of them flying over on their way to a bombing run back during the war.

Attached Files:

4. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I will head that way but probably stop at the North edge of the yard. ;)
    Delta-T likes this.
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    I think I've seen about all the air shows I ever need to see. When I lived on Kirtland AFB, the Thunderbirds practiced & performed every year right over my house. When I lived just a bit north of the final approach into (then) Miramar NAS, the Blue Angels practiced & performed every year right over my house. When I served aboard aircraft carriers, our own Air Wing practiced & performed (including dropping live ordnance) every time someone would let them...right over my houseboat. If someone would come practice & perform right over my house, I'd enjoy watching it. ;lol