1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anyone orders pellets of the Internet?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by FyreBug, Oct 4, 2012.

1. FyreBug

FyreBug Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Just wondering if this is a good idea. Have you had good or bad experience with this?

Overall, was it worth it?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I have no complaints. I've used www.woodpellets.com since 08. Their prices have fluctuated, but the quality has been good. They deliver right to my house & forklift them to where I want them...

*EDIT* I received my 10 -Ton stash yesterday. Rainy all day. The shipment was loaded on a flatbed 40 ' trailer & the driver couldn't get down my narrow, dead-end rd. He fork-trucked 10 tons & it took him about 2 hours to make the 1/2 mile trip each way & put the stash where I wanted it. I gave him a generous tip for going above & beyond without so much as a peep...
    Eatonpcat, velvetfoot and vinny11950 like this.
  3. iron stove

iron stove Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Never done it. Down here in CT, we had a scammer last 2 winters stiff people on pellets. I prefer cash and carry ;)
  4. Centurion

Centurion Member

Loc:
    Nr Albany, NY
    I've been using woodpellets.com since 09. Have been very pleased each year. The drivers have been very polite and accommodating.
  5. briggsy13

briggsy13 Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    Wow that is awesome!!! They don't deliver to our area but would totally do it if they did.
    DAKSY likes this.
  6. abrucerd

abrucerd Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    I've ordered my pellets online all but once. I've used Woodpellets.com twice with no issue. I've also gone to local stove shop websites and placed orders there with no problems.

BUT... if I ever saw an online-only pellet dealer (like woodpellets.com) that i hadn't heard of before, I'd come to hearth.com first to check their reputation!
  7. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    The fact that there is really no viable competition on the net for pellets ought to clue all of in as to how lottle profit there is ina ton of pellets. Usually, if there is money to be made on the net....there is at least more than 1 doing it.
  8. dhungy

dhungy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Fingerlakes
    woodpellets.com won't deliver to my area. I just ordered a ton of BBQ pellets so we will see how that goes.
  9. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    That's alot of cooking my friend!
  10. bill3rail

bill3rail Minister of Fire

Loc:
    LI, NY
    woodpellets.com does not cover Long Island. If the deal was good, I would order online

Bill