Anyone recognize this Taiwan made stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hearth&soul

Dec 16, 2020
Littleton CO
Hi all,
I'm new and this is my first post. I have a customer with this wood stove that is in need of new bricks. They are curved so would be a special order. The manufacturer is unidentifiable only that it was made in Taiwan.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20201205_134352.jpg 20201205_134335.jpg

Scandia and others in Taiwan made several knockoffs of Jotul and Morso stoves. The stove is probably 40+ yrs old. Finding the interior conforming replacement bricks could be a very big challenge. It might be faster to cast new ones out of refractory material.

Its a jotul clone.

You might find some from ceramic/pottery kiln supply places. Some of those are round. An alternate method may be to add clips so you can use shorter square bricks to go around the corner. I've used my wetcut ceramic saw to get fairly precise angle cuts on firebrick. Time consuming and it takes some trial and error to get the angles right.

i had one just like it. but that was 40 years ago. if i remember right it was a jotul replica instead of one big door it had two and two spin drafts for air. bought mine used. i don't remember seeing anything but made in Taiwan. no brand name on it. if burned low would make tons of creosote on a inside chimney so you'll have to burn hot. it does have a baffle in it. stove did a nice job heating