1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone see these Greenway Super Premium pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by slvrblkk, Mar 3, 2011.

1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Went to Lowes today and they happen to have a couple bags of these that I grabbed ($4.38 a bag). This is the first time I've ever gotten a "Super Premium" pellet and can't wait to try it but it probably won't be until next year when I have a clean stove. I'm burning all of my "shoulder" pellets now.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      137.9 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Yet another pellet I "must" find/try. This just never seems to end. Wifey's gonna kill me one of these days! hehe
  3. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Jay...I would hook you up with these if we lived closer or if I could get these to you somehow...It looked like they "had" a pallet of these and a pallet of the regular "Premiums". I burned their regular ones a few weeks back and they burned good for me.
  4. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    I burned a ton of them this season and got another three ton sitting in the garage waiting for next year. Got them at Lowes for $3.74 a while back. Nice short pellet length, consistent feed, good heat, dense, hardly any ash, and little fines. Get as many as you can! Try a bag or two first though. I'm burning off my crappy pellets now and saving the Greenway for next winter.

PS: Just went out and looked. Mine are Premium. The Super Premium must be blessed by the Pope or something???? Always there's a marketing guy coming up with slogans to sell his product. Like Grade A Fancy Jelly. Have you ever seen Grade C Not-so-Fancy jelly??? :p
  5. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    OMG..LMAO!!!!!!!! I might go pick up some more regular Greenways as they are out of the Super Premiums since I took the last two bags....they had three but one bag was wet
  6. rehabbingisgreen

rehabbingisgreen New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Greenway are my second choice so far, right after somerset pellets. On a cold night I still want my somers!
  7. Lineman30

Lineman30 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern Oklahoma
    I agree that Greenway is a really good pellet. Bought a couple of bags last month just to try and I was impressed. I just have 4 bags left of OHP's and my local Orscleans have about 12 tons or so of Greenways at a decent price. Not sure if i should purchase now or wait but i'm itching to purchase for next year.
  8. rehabbingisgreen

Loc:
    Missouri
    I won't burn OHP's any more if I can help it but it was all there was locally in the beginning for the season. I sure wish I had a place to store some pellets! Our basement is too moist and we haven't gotten to building a shed just yet.
  9. Lineman30

Lineman30 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern Oklahoma

I feel the same way you do on the OHP's. I got a really good deal during the summer so i jumped on it. I've burned OHP's for 3 seasons and this years was terrible. Only way i'll burn them again is if there is a VERY GOOD DEAL that i can't pass up. Where in MO do you live?
  10. rehabbingisgreen

Loc:
    Missouri
    We're up in the nw part of the state.
  11. m159267

m159267 Member

Loc:
    East-Central MO
    Went through 1.5 tons this winter. I will buy a couple tons next year (I don't burn full-time). Very good pellet. Great heat. Burned a few sacks of OHPs and was very disappointed with their heat output.