Anyone with a harman p 61a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocko1

Burning Hunk
Feb 1, 2014
Jersey city,NJ
I ordered a 61a and i am waiting for it to be delivered. I need to know one dimension that is not listed. I need to know how many inches the rear of the unit sticks out behind the back of hopper. I need this so I can properly build out my hearth so I can have clearance below my mantel if I decide to install an extension hopper.

More specifically, how far does the rear of the unit stick behind the rear of the hopper lid.
I just measured. 4" past the rear of the hopper lid..
, the Writing is on the "bulge" after the hopper lid . IMG_1917.JPGIMG_1918.JPG
P61A

Last edited:
Reactions: alternativeheat
That hump or beveled shaped back is 4" out from the lid when shut but you need 2" clearance for when the top is open. The top leans back past that hopper back about 2" when open. However the stove is 29.5" from ash shelf on the front to the hopper back. And the minimum clearance then is the two inches for that open top. You need a minimum of 6" of hearth in front of the stove as I recall ( i already had more than that from my coal stove which had no shelf.). And I stepped the stove out from my fireplace 4.5 inches.

couple more pix for perspective...
my whole unit is 44" from the corner in the back.
In my case,
had to come out a bit more due to the twist and turn of the exhaust couplings..

Attachments

• IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 76
Happy burning when your up and running

Reactions: alternativeheat