Anything I can do about this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, we have de hard woods here too, eh? We also have a better fall here than any I have seen while "leaf peeping" in NH, ME and VT.

Its a long common myth that we only have soft wood out here, by the ones that have neven been in these parts. The money trees are doug firs here though, so skip chain and long bars are the rule rather than the exception. PNW long bar disease is rampant.

Reactions: Realstone
Uhhh...I love my 361 but can't imagine sinking a 28" bar into White Oak with it. A 25" works just fine but is probably the largest I would consider for that saw. In my opinion if you need skip chain, you need more CC's.

Reactions: MasterMech
Skip chain is the chain of choice for most loggers in the PNW. There is a lot more to using skip chain and longer bars than just the power of a saw.

Its a PNW thing... and an endless debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.