Anything really good on here this summer....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny chaos

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2008
Rochester,ny
for the sake of us snowbirds?
Any new earth shattering techniques for starting fires?
Any breakthroughs in woodstove technology?
Anything different at all?

^welcome back kenny...I don't know why but I thought you farmed in the summer?
3855159487_425783ccbc.jpg

This summer the hearth.com cap came to CNY and gave its blessing to Oneida Lake.

That's funny cause since the temps dropped a little around here, I started checking back.
My wood is dry - but I'll never have enough.
My chimney is clean.
My wife is pregnant.

savageactor7 said:
^welcome back kenny...I don't know why but I thought you farmed in the summer?
3855159487_425783ccbc.jpg

This summer the hearth.com cap came to CNY and gave its blessing to Oneida Lake.

That hat looks real good on a lobster. :lol:

As far as farming goes, I did a little hay but I'm at the point where I'd rather die doing something cool
so I got me a sailboat to do some cruising next summer. The Seneca/Onieda canal was something I was checking out.

Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire said:
That's funny cause since the temps dropped a little around here, I started checking back.
My chimney is clean.
My wife is pregnant.

Well, we now know what you've been up to :p

Congratulations !!

nope but the site and pics keep me motivated to work on my wood ;)

It's been nuts. All the soapstone guys converted to plate steel. Top down fire starters swore to never use this method again. And Magic Heat's common stock tripled in price.

kenny chaos said:
so I got me a sailboat to do some cruising next summer. The Seneca/Onieda canal was something I was checking out.

Hope it has a real short mast.

Pagey said:
It's been nuts. All the soapstone guys converted to plate steel. Top down fire starters swore to never use this method again. And Magic Heat's common stock tripled in price.

Not to mention that if the stove isn't catalytic, it's never going to make you happy. My how a year can change things.

And recently we learned that if you get a fluemasticator gizmo for $500, you can take a pot belly stove burning a duraflame log and heat your 1600sf house in 30 minutes.

kenny chaos said:
for the sake of us snowbirds?
Any new earth shattering techniques for starting fires?
Any breakthroughs in woodstove technology?
Anything different at all?

A Blaze King bandwagon passed through and many of us are still on it.

That is all.

Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire said:
My chimney is clean.
My wife is pregnant.

Looks like someone has been busy . . . and is about to get even busier! Congrats . . . on getting the chimeny cleaned and getting the wood in . . . oh yeah, also congrats on the little one which is on the way. ;) :)

Pagey said:

I love it!

Jags said:
We learned that Pook is a gurl.

Well actually I learned Pook doesn't even burn wood . . . which was rather shocking to find out.

firefighterjake said:
Jags said:

Well actually I learned Pook doesn't even burn wood . . . which was rather shocking to find out.

Saw dust on the brainz for that one.

Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
Jags said:

Saw dust on the brainz for that one.

Just remember . . . he may be living in Maine, but he doesn't represent the mentality of all Mainers . . . heck, I'm not even sure if he represents the mentality of homo sapiens. ;) :)

All kidding aside, recently he has had some good responses to posts . . . a bit challenging to read . . . but what I could read of them they almost seemed to make sense.

kenny chaos said:
chimney cleaning ='s baby
The facts of life.

I thought it was actually getting the ashes hauled...but, as FFJake said above, congratulations to LMSNTYF for getting the wood in. Rick

Hey ontheball, where I used to work, we used 'woodflour', sawdust in your speak, in our manufacture (of low-temp IFBs) and if we did not keep the piles active with constant care and attention, they (entire piles) would combust - catch fire in tremendous exploding heaps that sometimes destroyed the storage silos. I'm sure you are aware of this phenom though, be careful with it.

foam-covered windows and a basement full of sawdust.
sounds like a mushroom growing operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.