approx 15 face cord of free hickory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanko

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
livingstion co, Michigan
just thought I'd let you guys check this out. My neighbor had two monster hickory trees cut down last friday. I thonk around 15 face cord. the wife and I have 2/3 split allready. this is the best wood deal so far for me. He even hauled it next door and dumped

Attachments

• approx 15 face cord of free hickory
    100_0896.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 537
hears the rest

Attachments

• approx 15 face cord of free hickory
    100_0895.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 523
I have wood envy...something I never thought I would type! :bug:

Things like that make me believe in a higher power! :)

Nice score. I would love to be burning hickory. That looks like a bit less than 15 face cord, but maybe I'm not seeing all the stacked wood.

there is about 8 stacked and i figure about 7 to be split yet

Good on ya'. I can't even get Craiglisters to reply when I answer there ads and here you are getting hickory 'delivered' :coolmad:

im sure this will never happen again. just a once and a lifetime deal. one tree was dead, the carpenter ants got into it, the other had leafs but when it went down we noticed that they were starting on that one too. now the equestion is being stacked onder the roof as it is, will it be dry enough to burn this winter? I doubt it.

excellent neighbors!

Next time that happens, please call me. I could save you a bunch of work by hauling it all away. I'd even clean up the brush.

All joking aside, congratulations Hanko. You might want to reconsider where you are stalking that wood though. Better in the sun and wind as it will dry mucho faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.