Are any of the after market igniters for Harman P series stoves "up to snuff"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SciGuy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
Constableville, NY
I'd like to keep an igniter on hand should our P43 need it sometime in the future. The Harman factory units seem extremely pricey for what looks to be a rather simple device and especially compared to aftermarket units available. I assume that Harman sources their igniters from another manufacturer and just marks them up to make a good profit. Does anyone know the original maker of the Harman branded units? If any of you have had a good enough experience with an aftermarket igniter to go out on a limb and recommend it's maker/seller.

Thanks for any informed replies.

Hugh

This is where I get mine:

Put one in the P61 3 years ago. So far, so good...
The OEM lasted 4 years...

Thanks Bob,

That's the sort of feedback I was hoping for. I wonder if the even cheaper units seen out there now might even be the same thing.

Reactions: DAKSY