Are we there yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricV

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2007
Saranac, NY
I have 4 bins in my wood shed that hold 10 face cord each. They each have 5 face in them. I just started on bin 2. Do you think we are half way through the core heating season yet in the north east?

The goal is to put up 20 face this summer. I'd like to see it full once to make me smile!

Unless something very unusual happens{Global Cooling? :) } I would say you will be OK. Average temps for us down here have been lower than recent years but Punxy Phil says we are past the 1/2 point of heating season. Now, if you want to trust a rodent on this I have some land I want to sell you!

I got the fix for the rodent in the form of a .223 but that's another website.

Oh, I'll be ok, I am only 1/4 through my wood. Just hoping to keep the next 10 face for next year, so far so good.

Speak of the devil:
In the Northern Hemisphere, the darkest quarter of the year runs from the first week in November through the first week of February. This period is referred to as Solar Winter. Long-term averages show the coldest quarter of the year as being from early December through early March. This is what we call Meteorological Winter. Astronomical winter (approx. June 21 until March 21) is determined by the Earth's position with respect to the sun and only loosely correlates with temperature normals.

Copied from the accuweather site today!

Numerically 365 days divided by 4=91.25 days. So "per quarter" since winter started back in Dec of 2010 (around the 21st or 22nd [as I don't recall specifically]) we are either 43 or 44 days into the winter season when Pux shows his mug. Which leaves us around 48+/- days to go. If the lore concerning the critter is right spring is only gonna be about one week ahead of schedule. If the lore is not correct I have a summer sausage recipe (bear in mind EricV with your 223) that uses ground chuck as the main ingredient. :lol: :ahhh: :bug: :p

Cave2k said:
If the lore is not correct I have a summer sausage recipe (bear in mind EricV with your 223) that uses ground chuck as the main ingredient. :lol: :ahhh: :bug: :p

I have a bunch of Wild Russian Boar in the freezer :):)

I have a bunch of Wild Russian Boar in the freezer :sick: It's as close to green with envy that they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.