Are you ready for the 1st Northeaster Winter Storm in Oct? See expected snow map! 4-8 inches. See NO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The upside of a woodstove in no worries about heating the house during power loss. The downside is all the friends with a back-up plan that includes your warm house. :gulp:

Gool luck to you all!

Hello

Yes about wood heat unless the wood pile is buried under a pile of snow!

Here are the record breaking totals for NH

Concord NH previous record was 3 inches for the month of October
Today they just got 22.2 inches for a total of 23 inches for the month of October

See News 9 video cast pic below

Attachments

• TRHSnow10302011recordamounts.jpg
    TRHSnow10302011recordamounts.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 187
Hello

I really like the NOAA current snow depth map for today!!

See pic below.

Click to Enlarge!

Attachments

• TRHSnow10302011NOAAsnowDepthMap.jpg
    TRHSnow10302011NOAAsnowDepthMap.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 184
We got about 6" here in the Lower Hudson Valley. My drive home went surprisingly well. I had to take a different route due to trees down. Still no power at the house. Big tree took down the about 500' of power lines about 150 yards from my house. Con Edison says power will be restored by Wednesday, 11 pm! Stove is going, and I have an extension cord from my neighbor's generator. My other neighbor, the licensed electrician, put a tail on the furnace so I can plug it into the cord from the genny. Woodstove, candles, fridge and hot water. We're fine.

Flatbedford said:
We got about 6" here in the Lower Hudson Valley. My drive home went surprisingly well. I had to take a different route due to trees down. Still no power at the house. Big tree took down the about 500' of power lines about 150 yards from my house. Con Edison says power will be restored by Wednesday, 11 pm! Stove is going, and I have an extension cord from my neighbor's generator. My other neighbor, the licensed electrician, put a tail on the furnace so I can plug it into the cord from the genny. Woodstove, candles, fridge and hot water. We're fine.

Glad u made it home without too much hassle. Atleast you have access to a genny!

Good Luck, take care

You have a good attitude flatbed. I'll have to call my sister tomorrow. Sounds like they will be without power too.

Status
Not open for further replies.