Ariens 27 ton splitter - cylinder design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MofoG23

Feeling the Heat
I finally got around to taking a picture of the mount area on the Ariens 27 ton splitter (half beam design). I know there has been a few threads about MTD/Troy Bilt cylinder issues with the mount tearing away due to the wall not being thick enough.

It appears that Ariens put a collar or beefed up the cylinder wall around the mount. I thought I would share this as a few people may have looked at this splitter but may have been scared away due to the half beam issues from Troy Bilt...

This is just another example that separates this splitter from the other box store brands.

FWIW...

Attachments

• splitter.jpg
    splitter.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 726
Looks pretty beefy to me, but, I havent had any trouble with mine like the prior thread. Lets us know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.