Arms are already starting to feel it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Took care of most of my pile that was too tough for the splitter today.

With my small maul, 10 lb sledge, and some wedges only a few pieces still are not stacked. I bet I'm going to feel it tomorrow and tuesday. My forearms are the first to tell me I need to split wood a bit more often.

Matt

I hear ya. Just split n stacked a cord today. Then raked about 1/3 an acre. However, back to your point. I find that splitting most of my rounds in half manually b4 finishing with the splitter helps keep the arms at a ready and the swing a lot sharper. Not 2mention I can pile it higher until the weekend.

Resplit lots of my csd stuff last thursday almost a full cord of it and no aches or pains. spent yesterday and most of today moving my daughter back to victoria,and lots of aches and pains. and told her that if I have to move that damn 7 and a half foot couch one more time I am gonna blow the damn thing up.!!

Aw shucks, keep workin at it. You'll have some "guns" in no time. Do it on a regular basis and you'll start to look forward to it. I try to split every other day. You get some good solid arms, neck, and shoulder muscles. Now if I can just do something about the gut. You heard of 6 pack abs? Well, I have a keg! KD

kd460 said:
Aw shucks, keep workin at it. You'll have some "guns" in no time. Do it on a regular basis and you'll start to look forward to it. I try to split every other day. You get some good solid arms, neck, and shoulder muscles. Now if I can just do something about the gut. You heard of 6 pack abs? Well, I have a keg! KD

Hey KD: you said you were gonna upgrade that ugly avatar. I mean that thing isn`t making us bears look all that good. Com`on now, get with it-!! finish the cosmetics,etc. and you will be back in shape in no time ;-) and ya can still keep working on that keg at the same time.

Your starting to sound like my wife!:) KD

Status
Not open for further replies.