Arrow 1800 Blower Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegwest

Jan 5, 2016
RWC Ca
Hey New Forum member I did a search and found nothing so I decided to start a new thread.

I have a Arrow 1800 wood stove. Purchased some time after 1980. Its worked great and I think it has had little to ZERO maint. My issue is with the Blower. Its Loud and sounds UN balanced. I'm sure it could use a new motor or some TLC. Do people rebuild or just replace these blower motors. Is it necessarily to replace the entire unit or just the motor?
Any help or things to look out for would be Great Thanks in Advance

Welcome. Often an unbalanced motor is caused by a dirty fan. Before replacing I would remove the blower and thoroughly clean the motor and the fan blades. While it is out see if you can oil the bearings. Motor shops can rebuild the motor or replace it. Or look it up at Graingers.

BeGreen.
Thanks for the Reply. And I will take your advice and remove the blower and clean the fan. What your saying makes sense, because the fan seems to make a sound like is "out of balance" or "wobble" at times lower speeds seem to make the unpleasant noise go away or not at all.

Any Idea where I could get a copy of a Owners Manual for my Arrow 1800? I was wondering how many CFM the blower pushes

Status
Not open for further replies.