Drolet ECO-45 Combex Blower really loud

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

themikep87

Jan 8, 2024
Canada
Hello everyone!

I'm a relatively new pellet stove owner and I have been having issues with a loud blower.

I have a Drolet Eco-45 and recently it seems the blower has become louder and more metallic sounding, seems like something is in the motor or something is loose.

I would love to be able to fix this myself but I have no idea what I'm getting into here. I would be comfortable taking it apart to give it a good clean. I've tried putting the vacuum into the access point but it doesnt seem to do anything. There is definitely a build up of creosote on the exhaust side, the combustion side seems to be fine.

The noise starts from the moment I start it up, sometimes if its really cold it will have a louder sound at start up but eventually get a little quieter, although lately its been pretty loud regardless.

Could this be a bearing issue?
Do I need to call someone in to do some maintenance?

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I'm a relatively new pellet stove owner and I have been having issues with a loud blower.

I have a Drolet Eco-45 and recently it seems the blower has become louder and more metallic sounding, seems like something is in the motor or something is loose.

I would love to be able to fix this myself but I have no idea what I'm getting into here. I would be comfortable taking it apart to give it a good clean. I've tried putting the vacuum into the access point but it doesnt seem to do anything. There is definitely a build up of creosote on the exhaust side, the combustion side seems to be fine.

The noise starts from the moment I start it up, sometimes if its really cold it will have a louder sound at start up but eventually get a little quieter, although lately its been pretty loud regardless.

Could this be a bearing issue?
Do I need to call someone in to do some maintenance?

Thanks!
Hi I just joined looking for help with mine. It was very loud as well, kicked in quite loud when turned up. I pulled it out assuming it was the bearing on the exhaust side but found the 3 nylock nuts holding the impellor casing were loose 2 were quite loose. It made it feel just like a sloppy worn out bearing. Tightened everything all nuts both sides and it felt much better. I installed it ran it cold with a jumper wire and it sounds great. The real test is to run it on high. The side that blows air in had a bunch of black semi hard putty to seal the joint...hard to remove but got it - used aluminum duct tape to reseal it. What I need is a picture of the back to see the wiring - I didn't take a pic and can't remember - got 2 black from the motor, 2 white going to the ignitor at the front and 2 pairs of purple very close 2 each other just up on the upper level - their electrical schematic is awful no colors...thanks Lonnie