Ash split & stacked (Pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
The first pic was my $60 ash score split just 2 weeks ago. The second pic is the ash stacked this past Tuesday. I split it small as some have suggested for faster drying. The last pic are my 3 racks in the corner of the yard. Pictured is 2.5 cords.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 446
Two thumbs up!

fv

Very nice!!! My prediction for winter, your're gonna love that ash. A C

Nice job, my rac ks look just like yours, without the wood split and stacked yet :grrr:

Sweet! Love that Ash! :) Those splits aren't excessively small; They'll still be some long-burning chunks. So how much, total, did you get for the $60? Don't recall from your other thread...

White Ash to the rescue for us this year, and a couple of in-laws I'm supplying. Should be dry enough by this Winter. I was going to get a big standing/dead in the woods today but it's kinda wet from rain last night. I'll grab this yard guard instead. As you can see, I don't have to move it too far to stack it. :lol: Hard to tell, but the tree ends at the top of the pic. It was struck by lightning many years ago, but the hatchet test reveals rock-solid wood.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h407/2bnator/Hearth/001-8-1.jpg

Ah yes, you are going to love that ash. Good for you for getting it and getting it split right away.

Great stuff.Nice looking racks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.