ash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spoolie25

Oct 18, 2017
north nj
hey guys trying to figure out why i have so much ash i have a whitifeild casscade and after one bag i have about three inches of ash. i dont have black glass. but i do have some pop corning . i was able to slow the pop coring down. i am burning pellets from home dept.

What brand of pellets are you burning? Most likely it is the pellets. Try premium pellet brands that have a good reputation here.

i am burning stove chow the old owner of them home used them he said. i just cleaned the stove again i am going to pull it our and hook a leaf blower to it out side to get all the chit in the hard to reach spots i will go pick up a few bags of top pellets and see what happens. cleanng this thing every two days like this is not an option its cheaper to use oil heat but there is nothing like pellets or wood heat.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are thinking of pulling the stove, as in detaching it from the exhaust pipe and then doing the leaf blower trick? Well you don't need to detach the stove from the exhaust pipe to do the leaf blower trick. Just hook up the leaf blower to the end of the exhaust pipe outside and let it run for a few minutes. Make sure to unplug the stove and disconnect the vacuum switch in the stove (if you have one) so you don't blow it. Disconnecting the stove from the exhaust pipe to just to clean it is overkill and could lead to issues when reattaching.

Pellet stove are always going to run dirty, ashy, but as long as the exhaust channels are not blocked it will run.