Ashes and Dust In the House Problem Solved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmsem

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
I have only been burning a year and have been searching for a to reduce the amount of dust and ash that gets into my house. I'm using the following method and there is a tremendous improvement. What I am doing is using in Ash Vac to hover over the shovel and bucket as I shovel ash.This is great as the vortex made by the vacuum sucks the dust only and no hot ash into the vacuum. It's the best method I have found so far in the Ash Vac is only $80.

14516612072442.jpg 14516612368703.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
.....sounds good. me, as mentioned in an earlier post, i don't get much ash. i guess over the years, i've kinda gotten used to a little dust.

Reactions: davidmsem
I have such a good draft , that if I keep the ash pail near the stove opening and shovel gently , the dust goes up the chimney , very little dusting .

Reactions: davidmsem
Status
Not open for further replies.