ashford 30 or sirocco 30 blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsk7

Aug 16, 2014
washington state
Heating about 1500 sqft. Will I need a blower? Not really wanting the extra stuff on the back of the stove. Stove is on middle floor and will need to heat the up staris area hall way and three bedrooms. Ceilings are vaulted.

Blowers are always a plus, especially on stoves that are already more convective. But that's my opinion. I use mine almost all the time.

You can always try without, and add them later. Depending on you rear clearance, you may need the rear heat shield if you choose to not add the blowers.

Not really wanting the extra stuff on the back of the stove.

Have you seen the fans for this stove? Not large and if you want the tight rear clearances (you do) then you'll need a rear heat shield anyway.

Vaulted ceilings present a challenge. Heat will stratify and sit up high in the ceiling peak. Do you have a ceiling fan in the stove room? If yes, that will help. If not, having the blower on the stove will aid heat circulation. If you can post a sketch of the floorplan we may be able to make better suggestions.

Have you seen the fans for this stove? Not large and if you want the tight rear clearances (you do) then you'll need a rear heat shield anyway.
This stove already has a very close clearance! 6" to the air box on the back is close enough I would think. Do thy even offer a rear shield for this stove? I haven't seen one.

This stove already has a very close clearance! 6" to the air box on the back is close enough I would think. Do thy even offer a rear shield for this stove? I haven't seen one.

The optional fan kit on the ashford changes the depth dimension from 29-3/8 to 31-1/8". There is a rear shield available as some installs require a rear shield or fan kit. It does look like the standard non-alcove install does not benefit from having either.

Status
Not open for further replies.