assistance in pellet stove chimney cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletb8

Aug 20, 2014
Kingston, ON, Canada
Just curious if anyone had some input on my chimney cleaning plans. I have a 4" chimney that has 2 elbows and had a hard time getting the rope through them to maneuver the brush through. I would like to leave a steel cable down the chimney for easier cleaning next year. Need to know if this would cause any issue? The chimney would still be sealed just would be able to attach the brush to it and pull it through easier. Thanks for the help.

Doesn't sound like a great idea. Quite a few guys use lint buster designed for dryer vents. With your 4inch I'm not sure how this would work.

I don't see why that wouldn't work as long as it were stainless steel. A small diameter chain would be even better and provide a place to tie a line to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.