Attention new posters on this forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Could the new posters kindly take just a minute and go to "Your Control Panel," which is located at the top of the screen. Edit your signature line and put in there what stove you presently have and any other information that might be interesting to others. Especially when you ask a question about your stove, it will help posters to know what stove you are talking about.

While you are at it, you might also go to "Your Public Profile," which again, is located at the top of the screen. We like to know where you are located. You do not have to put in a city or street or anything like that but at least a state or province will help.

We are a pretty friendly bunch on this forum and we like to help others, especially the new folks, so please also help us out.

Thank you all and if I've somehow missed any new posters, then right now I welcome you all to hearth.com and the forums.

Great idea Backwoods.

This would be good as part of the announcements to new posters on the first forum page.

One other tidbit is when you create a new thread, make the title descriptive of the question or information. The very generic titles like, " I've got a problem" are going to get much less attention than, "How do I repair a cracked stone stove". Thank you. Lots of new threads this time of year.

Highbeam said:
One other tidbit is when you create a new thread, make the title descriptive of the question or information. The very generic titles like, " I've got a problem" are going to get much less attention than, "How do I repair a cracked stone stove". Thank you. Lots of new threads this time of year.

agreed, please be specific,
using terms like "need help with stove" makes me skip right over that thread usually

the only thing i'd add is really long signatures clogg up threads(makes post larger than it nees to be) w/ typically irellevant info to the thread look at post number 1 as an example

Wood Heat Stoves said:
Highbeam said:

agreed, please be specific,
using terms like "need help with stove" makes me skip right over that thread usually

the only thing i'd add is really long signatures clogg up threads(makes post larger than it nees to be) w/ typically irellevant info to the thread look at post number 1 as an example

Is the Ornery Wife the one-line-too-long-for-you? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.