Auger Jam - Mt. Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Albuquerquedan

Jan 18, 2020
Cedar Crest, NM
I just posted about how I can't get my old auger motor off so that I can replace it. While I was waiting to see if someone would reply, I plugged in (but did not attach) my new auger motor to see if having a new motor would clear up the "auger jam" message. It didn't. The new motor turns, but after about a minute, the "auger jam" message reappears. I've cleaned the optical sensor with alcohol and a Q-tip. I also bypassed the vacuum chamber by stringing a copper wire between the two electrical wires (after detaching them). Any other ideas out there?

I replied on your other thread. Did you have the optical sensor plugged in too, when you plugged motor in? Without the optical sensor to read that the motor is turning, it will throw a code. kap

Thanks, Kappel15! I didn't know about the optical disk (the one with the holes in it). I didn't have that on the motor when I tried it. Once I reassembled the whole thing, it worked like a charm.

I really appreciate the support here!

Best,

Dan

Glad you are up and running. Stay warm. kap