auger question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
On my whitfield advantage plus my auger has a screech every so often at first start up and after a few turns then it stops ran dry and vaccumed out but still does it

May be the bottom auger bearing. It's copper and there is a nylon replacement. There is also a bearing at top. May be able to get some HD temp grease at both places there.

Ok now auger bearing so thats under that plate that above the auger motor correct.Also once thats removed should i empty hopper first

Cleaned out pellets took out auger looks like someone replaced bushing it has the black plastic so cleaned of both ends of auger and put a little dab of hi temp grease

May be the bottom auger bearing. It's copper and there is a nylon replacement. There is also a bearing at top. May be able to get some HD temp grease at both places there.
Well still makes noise think its the auger motor does it at start up then after 3 to4 turns it stops