Avalon Olympic Blower Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpcollen1

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2007
Western CT
Anyone replaced one of the motors on this unit?? I need one of the two motors replaced and just looking for some insight. I've been spending time on other stuff and am now down to about 2 weeks til light off. I wont really even need the blower for a few weeks after that - or can survive with just the one side.

I'll have to pull the unit out this weekend and see if the motor has some specs on it to see if I can just replace it easy enough as I do not need to spend $200 on a complete unit for sure.

I would go with the new unit.

New Unit not in my blood as one motor works fine. Sure the entire thing is 10 yrs old but one part at a time for now. At least I will give the whole thing a paint job and cleaning while it is out.

I hear ya on the grainger thing. Just hoping there was info already out there so i can just order it or confirm what i will order once I check the motor. I suppose that chance is slim - but i can add my info to this when complete and the info will be there for someone else - if they search.

Any luck?... I also have an Avalon Olympic insert with one motor failing (left side). I haven't been able to locate an exact replacement.
To buy a new replacement unit on Long Island is $330.00 plus tax! I'd much rather replace the motor for $50.00, or so

Thanks!

I had no luck. I am sure that if you take measurements twice and search around, you may be able to match it up. It is just not an easy task. I decided to just buy the entire unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.