Awesome class at Harman's Plant, I am so pleased with them

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
12 hours of class, over 10 hours drive time, two nights in a hotel, eating out and a few beers our training is over. A lot of information was thrown at us and I "thought" I knew Harman Stoves until now. There is no way anyone that works on Harman Stoves can afford to miss this class. I am so surprised it is not mandatory training for all dealers.

I have been to numerous training sessions on numerous stoves but Harman is the "Leader of the Pack". Yes the cost is there but after all the information and plant tour, Harman wins my race hands down. Yes it is an AMERICAN MADE STOVE. 260 AMERICAN employees at the plant working two shifts of ten hours a day, God bless them. I did not see one unhappy employee or Member as they are called.

There is so much technology going into Harman Stoves. There is also some new models coming out so be ready.

Thanks to all that helped.

Harman is a "Top Notch" Manuf. Im sure it was a good time. Any hints on the new stoves? New designs?

DexterDay said:
Harman is a "Top Notch" Manuf. Im sure it was a good time. Any hints on the new stoves? New designs?

No can not say, sorry. There is a lot of technology involved. Not just six pieces of steel and a ceramic fiber baffle plate.

Eric

Eric, any pictures taken at the plant?

You were here and didn't stop in to my cubicle to say hello!?

geek said:
Eric, any pictures taken at the plant?

Sorry, was told no pictures. Harman SWAT team would have done bad things to me.

Eric

SmokingAndPoking said:
You were here and didn't stop in to my cubicle to say hello!?

Was not aware that this was you. I walked through the cubical room numerous times.

Eric

Just buy a P-43, and new stoves coming, will that be before this winter ? Hope i dont get buyers remorse.......

Thanks for the update. Do they make you sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) prior to entering their plant?

When you going to plug in your scan tool for aome trouble codes?

Wood Heat Stoves said:
Harmon makes great stoves. The have a great reputation and now I'm even more impressed!

Harman

kinsman stoves said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
Harmon makes great stoves. The have a great reputation and now I'm even more impressed!

Harman
Be glad he didn`t write Horman.

I did the Harman training back in 2002, when the newest model to come out was the PF100.
I was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility & the fact that each assembly station was
tooled from each side, so an assembler could take a break & someone could jump right in
without skipping a beat. That and the fact that Dane Harman, who is a hands-on,
roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-dirty kinda guy & lives right next door, bolstered my confidence
in the Harman product. All USA built with ALL USA manufactured components.
The plant is kinda located out in the middle of nowhereville, but it's as clean & well designed as any
manufacturing facility I've been through & being a journeyman machinist, I've been thru many.
I have also taken their refresher training courses at locations closer to Albany & they are put on
just as well as the factory presentation.
Their techs know their SH*T & their products are top of the line.

DAKSY said:
I did the Harman training back in 2002, when the newest model to come out was the PF100.
I was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility & the fact that each assembly station was
tooled from each side, so an assembler could take a break & someone could jump right in
without skipping a beat. That and the fact that Dane Harman, who is a hands-on,
roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-dirty kinda guy & lives right next door, bolstered my confidence
in the Harman product. All USA built with ALL USA manufactured components.
The plant is kinda located out in the middle of nowhereville, but it's as clean & well designed as any
manufacturing facility I've been through & being a journeyman machinist, I've been thru many.
I have also taken their refresher training courses at locations closer to Albany & they are put on
just as well as the factory presentation.
Their techs know their SH*T & their products are top of the line.

If you thought it was all that back then you would see it has upgraded further. It takes your breath away,. This is not a couple of good ol' boys welding six pieces of steel together to hold fire. Very impressive and it looks like they are constantly trying to improve their stoves. Not just a take it or leave it attitude. There are no corners cut and short cuts. They stand behind their product and stress AMERICAN MADE by Americans.

Eric

Eric

I wish I could hear more about the new models forthcoming. I'm about ready to replace my tired Lopi Foxfire with a Harman P61 but am now thinking about holding out for one more year. I've already dropped big bucks this year on some brand new replacement windows and a complete bathroom renovation (I promised the girlfriend it would get done this year) so I'd rather not drop another 4K this year if possible. If I knew more about the new models forthcoming I'd be even more inclined to wait another year in order to consider the new stoves. Can you at least tell us when the new models could be in dealer show rooms? If not, would a dealer be at least able to provide this information if I posed the question directly to one? Thanks for any help you can provide and for giving us potential buyers a heads up.

Chain said:
I wish I could hear more about the new models forthcoming. I'm about ready to replace my tired Lopi Foxfire with a Harman P61 but am now thinking about holding out for one more year. I've already dropped big bucks this year on some brand new replacement windows and a complete bathroom renovation (I promised the girlfriend it would get done this year) so I'd rather not drop another 4K this year if possible. If I knew more about the new models forthcoming I'd be even more inclined to wait another year in order to consider the new stoves. Can you at least tell us when the new models could be in dealer show rooms? If not, would a dealer be at least able to provide this information if I posed the question directly to one? Thanks for any help you can provide and for giving us potential buyers a heads up.

I am just a dealer and not on the Harman payroll. Yes there will be new models coming out. As to when they come out, that is up to numerous factors including in house testing, manufacturing, EPA testing and a number of other factors so I would say a P-61 is a great choice, almost as good as a P-68. Stick with that.

Eric

Thanks.....Why the P68 over the P61? I only need to heat 1750 Square feet so I felt the P-68 was almost too big. My main heat source is hot water base board (Utica Boiler) that uses #2 fuel oil. I'm considering flipping it completely around and relying more on the pellet stove for primary and using the boiler for back-up. Given the price of #2 fuel oil and all plus I feel the need to replace the fifteen year old Lopi with a better and bigger stove. Not to mention the Harman can be regulated far better with its sensor system.

I don't think he was recommending that "You" buy the P-68. Just implying that the 61 is almost as good as the 68. That's how I read it. He saying to stick with the 61. Great stove and it could be a couple years before a new model hits the showroom floors. Can't go wrong with 61,000 BTU's. Heating under 2,000 sq ft with new windows, you should be able to use that monster as a Primary heat source. No #2 oil at all. (This also depends on your house's lay-out and overall insulation / Windows help a lot, but if there is a couple leaky doors and no insulation in your outside walls, then your stove will still strain to keep even 1,000 sq ft heated) For 3 seasons I used my Quad CB 1200 to heat just under 2,200 sq ft. Using its lowest setting. Keeping the house at 76 (No furnace at all/All pellets) 17 year old Ranch 2x6 construction, well insulated.

Every home, stove and overall set-up is different. Centrally locating that P-61 will a lot. Good luck

Chain said:
Thanks.....Why the P68 over the P61? I only need to heat 1750 Square feet so I felt the P-68 was almost too big. My main heat source is hot water base board (Utica Boiler) that uses #2 fuel oil. I'm considering flipping it completely around and relying more on the pellet stove for primary and using the boiler for back-up. Given the price of #2 fuel oil and all plus I feel the need to replace the fifteen year old Lopi with a better and bigger stove. Not to mention the Harman can be regulated far better with its sensor system.

I sell a lot more P-68 than P-61. They are both great units but for the small price difference I would super size my order.

Eric

So what's the typical price difference? I initially went with the P-68 but both dealers I spoke with suggested the P-61 based upon my needs.

Chain said:
So what's the typical price difference? I initially went with the P-68 but both dealers I spoke with suggested the P-61 based upon my needs.

P-61 $3519.00 suggested
P-68 $3799.00 suggested

The stove body is the same just a bigger auger motor on the P-68 and some computer timing

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.