awww crap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
been gone a couple of days,when i came home the kid informs me that during the last heavy rain,water was running down my stove pipe and splashing off my 602..now the plate and lots of the cast has rust on it....any suggestions on how to bring it back to looking good,stove polish maybe?
rod

Steel wool the rust off. Dust is very clean, then stove polish or high-temp paint like StoveBrite.

But first, find the source of the leak and get it fixed!!

prefab chimney? If it has a rolled seam, check that. Ran into that w/ my metalbestos and it was a bugger to get. I tore up the flashing and shingles, ended up being a seam that had expanded. took 2 yrs to start leaking, then it did like a sieve. Thats why I like ICC pipe now. Welded seams.

Yup...find & fix the source of the leak first, then worry about the stove cosmetics. Rick

thanks all,when it was installed last year,it leaked,dealer came back and re-caulked it...held for a while.now it seems way worse.the dealer is suppose to come back,but this time i,ll give him the suggestions from you fine folks.

You may want to have a roofer look at it instead of a stove dealer. Might need more than caulk for a perminate fix. You can usually get a free estimate. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.