1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Baby Bear chrome ball handle

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by Clint Boyer, May 17, 2013.

1. Clint Boyer

Clint Boyer New Member

Loc:
    Oregon
    Hi guys!

I'm brand new to the forum, I found it researching the Fisher stove I was given. It appears to be a Baby Bear

The door says Fisher-Stove Springfield Oregon Pat Pending, just like the pic Coaly posted in the bear series thread. It has chrome ball feet but is missing the door handle ball. What are the chances of finding a replacement?

It's been sitting in a barn for years but doesn't appear to be too rusty. My plan is to restore it and use it.

I'll get some pics of it this weekend and post'em up.

Thanks!

Clint

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WeldrDave

WeldrDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Very nice Clint! and Welcome!;)... Coaly can give you some answers on that one. I'm not sure, but check woodman's stove parts, they may have it there. Post some pic's when you can, love to see it!
  3. USMC80

USMC80 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Welcome to the forum, not sure about the stove but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along to help
  4. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    My post #5 and #6 give size details, and a supplier;
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/leveling-feet.92116/#post-1209539

Cam Fan on this forum had a set for double doors for sale on ebay about a year or more ago for $16. (pictured below) You always have to ask when you find any for sale to be sure they are knob handles, not the smaller ball feet !
    I watch for chrome gear shift knobs at engine shows and flea markets with old tractor parts. Any chrome plated 1 3/4" ball can be drilled out to 1/2" and a set screw hole drilled 90* to the shaft hole. The originals have a seam around the middle like the equator on a globe. The set screw hole is drilled half way between the "equator" and the "south pole" where the 1/2" shaft hole is drilled.

Early Knob $16 pair ebay Steve.jpg Early Handle and Knob.jpg

Check the bottom for any written weld.

What town or nearby town did the stove come from?
  5. Clint Boyer

Clint Boyer New Member

Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks for the welcome and info!

I got the stove from a co-worker that lives in Salem Or, I didn't realize it was a Fisher when he offered me 'an old wood stove'. I was unaware of the history but got just a bit excited when I started researching it.

I'll check for any markings and get some good pics when I get home from work today.