Back to Halifax, Pa for training.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Three more days of training in Halifax during November. Going to be rough shutting down the store and heading that way but it will be nice to see the Casa De Harman again. God I hate the drive.

Eric

That drive seems sooooooooo long. I live about an hour or so from the Jersey border, and I've done the drive across the entire state. Its about 6 or 7 hours on 80 all the way across the state...... Seems like its forever....

Halifax is an hour from me

It is about a 5 hour drive but that is one of the most boring drives.

Eric

Training in the height of the season....how about taking every stove in the store apart and doing some independent learning. I cannot imagine anuthing more you could learn there you couldnt learn in the field.

Decorating den, a franchise for housewives who aspire to be "designers", have all this "training" too. Sales down? Come get some training, too many call backs, come get some training, not closing sales...come get some training. I could see it in july....mid season...seems silly.

Halifax is within an hour or so from my hood. I find that the pa roads are much less boring the faster you go plus the pot holes in the road are much smoother over 80 mph.

Seems odd they would have it during the heat season. The trainings I go to Briggs & Stratton, MTD, etc usually start in Nov/Dec, slower season. Be sure to report back....

Training in the height of the season....how about taking every stove in the store apart and doing some independent learning. I cannot imagine anuthing more you could learn there you couldnt learn in the field.

Decorating den, a franchise for housewives who aspire to be "designers", have all this "training" too. Sales down? Come get some training, too many call backs, come get some training, not closing sales...come get some training. I could see it in july....mid season...seems silly.

I would like training in July but I will take any training I can get. Harman is not like a few big box stores that turn out the same design since they started making the unit. I will close the store and drag the guys to good training any chance I can get. As for learning in the field I would rather hear information from the people that designed the unit rather than taking apart in store units. The units on my floor should not be on the floor more than a month or so before they are sold to a customer. To bad you do not get this opportunity.

Eric

Halifax is within an hour or so from my hood. I find that the pa roads are much less boring the faster you go plus the pot holes in the road are much smoother over 80 mph.
Well that certainly explains why you all drive like that up there.:)

I will not name dealer names but my guys work on more Harman's purchased from other dealers then I have sold. They do not have to many good words for my surrounding dealers, sad to say. All the better for me cause it turns into more sales for us. Like I said in other posts, we do not make a lot of money on service work but we will work on our brands.

Eric

I sure will Mike. When you heading north again?

Eric
not sure at this point, i do need to get back up there though. wife's family lives up there she's been up a couple times but i wasnt able to get away when she went. im sure i'll eventually get back up there sometime and rest assured i'll be stopping by when i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.