Backyard Locust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

It was a nice day today so I decided to process a Locust that I had downed late summer. In between painting my daughter's room i was able to chop up the locust into about 20 twenty inch rounds, most of it is split and stacked but had to return to painting so I will do the rest next week. There was also some silver maple branches that fell in one of the storms so that was processed too.

Attachments

• Capturea.jpg
    Capturea.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Captureb.jpg
    Captureb.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 260
  • Capturec.jpg
    Capturec.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Captured.jpg
    Captured.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Captureaa.jpg
    Captureaa.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 276
Nice multitasking. That locust will throw off some good btu's and should be nice and ready by next winter. What a difference compared to other hardwoods. Nice pics.

Good job. Great BTUs.
Get it all split & stacked on pallets (off the ground) , it will be ready by next burn season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.