? bad batch of GT's? Oh man wish I read the reviews before buying inferno

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

catmas

Dec 24, 2011
central MA
My GT's didnt even heat my house when it was in the teens the night before last. Usually work fine. I woke up to what said 66 but it felt like 56. Wierd. Had to put somehting in so I went down to Lowes and they had Inferno which I had never tried. Damn, one of those times I wish I had a smart phone. Bought 20 bags, actually bought 3 tons of pellets and they will let me pick up whatever at a time and mark of my slip. So....I put them in last night and had to say the house was warm????? But I switched from stove temp to room temp. But the flame...is a greenish color at the base...oh man. Now I am thinking of lugging these back and buying more of Natures Own or Green Supreme.

So true! I would go for the Green Supremes.

I think many of us were surprised with cold night. I filled the hopper with Spruce Pointes and
went to bed. Guess what.........cold house. Not blaming the pellet yet, they feed slower than the
NEWP I was burning. Stove operator should have paid more attention to his duties :sick:
A few adjustments last night and all is toasty.

I would grab the Green Supremes next and see how they do.
Last winter I either woke up with the house too cold or too hot.
Running a tstat hi/lo..problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.