1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Bad day to burn

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by woodmiser, Dec 27, 2011.

1. woodmiser

woodmiser New Member

Loc:
    Garnet Valley, PA
    Going up to 55 today here in SE PA with a boatload of rain on the way. Clydesdale wants to send smoke signals into the living room but I got her going nonetheless.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wood Duck

Wood Duck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central PA
    I like to keep a fire going on a dank rainy day as long as the temp stays below around 50. Above that the house becomes a steam bath.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Was raining when I got up but it quickly turned to snow. Forecast was for falling temperatures so even though the house was warm I put some wood in the stove. Now we are roasting because the outdoor temperature has been going up. For the most part the snow is about done here. Looks like just some light amounts this afternoon and we should not get much more than an inch of snow.
  4. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Been around the freezing mark since yesterday here, Dennis. Been snowing lightly all morning, but the ground is too warm for muchthe accumulation. Ran to Toledo this morning and the temp was about the same, but it was raining. They're saying 20 tonight, mid 20s tomorrow. I'm ready for a freeze, too much mud.
  5. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

It's amazing what a difference in elevation can make-I'm probably about two hours north of you (about 70 miles as the crow flies) and about 400' higher given what I know about the topography of SE PA. It's a very raw 38 degrees and raining here-getting down to 21 tomorrow night. At least everything will freeze-cleaning the dog's paws after a run out in the yard is getting old :lol:
  6. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Gave up on that. The carpet is pretty well trashed, and we're likely going to hardwood after the tax refund gets here. Whatever it is, it won't be carpeting. Two mastiffs shed A LOT, and it's a whole lot easier to sweep once or twice a day.