chimney pot cap/rain guard help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bgermain1689

Jan 28, 2023
USA
Maybe someone here can help me.

Im working on putting an insert (clydesdale) in my living room. everything fits and is good to go except that my chimney has decorative chimney pots with no cap. The dealer im working with said once the liner is in i'll need a rain guard.

I'm looking for options as to what I can use for a cap. I really don't want to remove the pots, they are a large part of the aesthetics of the home. I've been unable to find other pots that look like mine online. I have no idea who made them, other clay/terracotta caps look like they probably wont fit. I thought maybe I could even find someone to make me some custom ones but no luck yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Here is what they look like:

front.jpg side.jpg

It will definitely need rain sealing, but this can be painted so as not to detract. The cap may need to be custom fabricated at a good metal shop. Check out Superior Tile and their rain guards for ideas.

It will definitely need rain sealing, but this can be painted so as not to detract. The cap may need to be custom fabricated at a good metal shop. Check out Superior Tile and their rain guards for ideas.
Thanks! Yea i emailed them and they said they don’t make anything close to the shape of mine and the best i could do was try one of their square ones.

Where in the country are you located? A good custom metal working shop may be the answer.

That's good, there are many in the area. Here are a few. Look up custom metal fabricators in the area. See if you can find one that specializes in restoration work. Some shops even offer powder coating as a finish.

That's good, there are many in the area. Here are a few. Look up custom metal fabricators in the area. See if you can find one that specializes in restoration work. Some shops even offer powder coating as a finish.
Thanks!