baffle material

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

j9tnu

Feb 2, 2018
cal
I need a replacement baffle for my stove,Napolean. 12x9 but the prices are too high. Has anyone found any kind of stuff like refractory cement that will do 9x12....I would prefer one solid piece...I like to do my own mods to stuff so any creative ideas appreciated. I will never pay 40 bucks for one..

Last edited by a moderator:
$40 is not a bad price. You may be able to find some ceramic insulation board on eBay. Be sure it is the same thickness.

I need a replacement baffle for my stove,Napolean. 12x9 but the prices are too high. Has anyone found any kind of stuff like refractory cement that will do 9x12....I would prefer one solid piece...I like to do my own mods to stuff so any creative ideas appreciated. I will never pay 40 bucks for one..
The stuff sure ain't cheap. Seems like the stove companies use the replacement baffles as a high profit margin segment of their business.

Some enterprising person should start a business selling replacement baffles of all shapes and sizes. Like dollar shave club, but I guess it'd need to be called $20 baffle club.