barefoots, rocky mountains or okanagens

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am partial to the Okanagans- they are very hot and extremely clean. However you can't go wrong with any of the 3.

All three are good pellets.

I would say Okies are the most popular softwood and The barefoots are the most popular hardwood. IMO Rockies are good but just alittle less heat and a tad more ash.

Your Omega will not have an issue with any of them. Mine loves the softwood pellets. So as BTU said. a ton of each or 50/50.

Personally I favor softwoods(IMO softwoods are less prone to fiber issue's like the hardwoods). But the barefoots did burn very well in the Omega too!

jay

I vote for buying a ton of each. Their all good (or best on the planet, if your talking to BTU...LOL). So buy a ton of each one, you'll get good results (heat), and also have some info on which one(s) actually work best for YOU for future purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.