Basement Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks folks for the replies. Based on this thread and other research I've done I'm going to scrap the stove in the basement idea or at least park it and perhaps look into a pellet furnace and make the pellet my primary heat source.
So did you scrap the basement pellet stove idea? We have a quote for a forced air ducted propane system- about 9000- a smaller 1300 sq foot newer home. with the price of propane wondering if i should forego propane and stick a pellet stove (approx 60K BTU) in basement and hope heat makes it upstairs to main living area (girlfriend doesnt want pellet stove upstairs in main living area). be interested if you did scrap idea or if you have had success in basement.

So did you scrap the basement pellet stove idea? We have a quote for a forced air ducted propane system- about 9000- a smaller 1300 sq foot newer home. with the price of propane wondering if i should forego propane and stick a pellet stove (approx 60K BTU) in basement and hope heat makes it upstairs to main living area (girlfriend doesnt want pellet stove upstairs in main living area). be interested if you did scrap idea or if you have had success in basement.
Show her the price difference between heating with propain and wood pellets. And have her pay the difference if she is so set. She may well warm up to the idea:)

I'm moving forward with it actually but for next heating season. I contemplated boiler and pellet furnace but both those options were 12k+. I'm looking at the enviro maxx-m in the basement and if I have issues with moving the heat upstairs I do have the option to add a duct kit to this unit.

I hear you on the propane.... I'll easy spend $3500 to 4000 this year with the prices the way they are.

I had figured with the propain price at its peak of 5.20 we were saving well over $30 a day. Makes the payback on the pellet stove extremely fast. Now fuel use was very high because of the extreme winter. But even more glad for the pellet or corn in my case units. Neighbor put in a used stove and figured would have it and the install materials payed for and be comfortable in a month. America needs a wake up call every couple years.

My P61A just came in tonight, I'm confident it will heat my 1100 sq ft home, I'm creative I'll make it work. The project begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.