1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

battery back-up

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by itworks, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itworks

itworks New Member

Loc:
    Southwestern CT
    I run a Harman P 68 and was wondering if you would share your experience of having a battery back-up system connected to your pellet stove. How much does it cost? Is it safe to have indoors? How long it will run the stove once power is lost? Do you have a strong recommendation?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
  3. itworks

itworks New Member

Loc:
    Southwestern CT
    Thanks for the suggestion. This little bad boy seems to be very highly rated, and less the $200 with shipping & tax, seems to be a logical consideration. I love this site!
  4. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    I also have a honda 1000EQ generator just in case, but you a surge protector always
  5. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    I was thinking the same thing. I usually don't buy cheap stuff but like you said the reviews are impressive. BTW it goes on sale for $129.99 all the time, it was on sale a couple of weeks ago
  6. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    Very good point, I forgot to mention that. My manual says that as well.
  7. itworks

itworks New Member

Loc:
    Southwestern CT
    Hey Rick
    I just bought this little bad boy on Amazon for for $119, inclusive of tax & shipping, just got to give it a try at this price. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve(itworks)
  8. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    That's good to know, same exact item too. Last time I shopped at northern I found the same item (a sprinkler pump) For $30 bucks less and free shipping which saved me around another $25 bucks or so. Gotta love that Amazon. I should have thought of looking there. Glad you mentioned it. Good reviews over there too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.